Sunday, 24 February 2013

Pet Week

Pet week was a lot of fun.  We had two live pets visit - the children always enjoy it when Patches visits the playroom (she's getting old so doesn't make appearances as often as she used to!) and Sebastian was a big hit.

  

We discussed caring for our pets and their needs.  Here are some of the crafts we created.

Cat Faces -

Golf Ball Painting on Harry -



Fish Bowl Watercolour Painting -


And colouring Sebastian - they decorated him with some really cool shells!

Here are some of the songs we enjoyed throughout the week...

Rags

I have a dog.
And his name is Rags.
He eats so much that his tummy sags,
His ears flip flop
And his tail wig wags.
And when he walks, he goes zig zag.

He goes flip flop, wibble wobble, zig zag.
He goes flip flop, wibble wobble, zig zag.
He goes flip flop, wibble wobble, zig zag.
My dog Rags, he loves to play.
He rolls around in the mud all day.
And when I call him, "Hey Rags!"
He won't obey.
He turns around and runs the other way.

He goes flip flop, wig wag, zig zag.
He goes flip flop, wig wag, zig zag.
He goes flip flop, wig wag, zig zag.
I love Rags and he loves me.

My Poodle

I have a little poodle
His coat is silver grey
One day I thought I'd bathe him
To wash the dirt away.
I washed my little poodle
Then dried him with a towel
My poodle really liked his bath
He didn't even growl!

Sweet Kitty

Sweet kitty, soft kitty
Little ball of fur
Sweet kitty, soft kitty
Purr, purr, purr.

Sweet kitty, soft kitty
Little ball of fur
Sweet kitty, soft kitty
Purr, purr, purr.

We also listened to the story Harry the Dirty Dog and watched Franklin wants a Pet on YouTube.  I'm looking forward to continuing our animals theme unit with The Farm next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment